September 10, 2013
New York, These streets will make you feel brand new
L-R: Cami-Zara, Shorts + Sandals-Forever21; Sweater-Forever21, Jeans-Seven
So prior to my mini beach excursion, I spent three days in NYC. And oh my, NYC, the things they say about you are oh so true:
1. Two lanes truly become three;
2. Parking wars (I've never seen it like NYC);
3. The food scene is incredible...there's just so many diamonds in the rough (I'd recommend Nyonya for good Malaysian, Artichoke Basille's Pizza for the best artichoke + cheese pizza, and The Cafeteria for paramount breakfast/brunch);
4. The shopping. My goodness, the shopping is insane and almost too much for me. I did get to see for the first time in my life some favorite designer boutiques which were absolutely breathtaking, even from the outside (e.g. Isabel Marant, Celine, + Chloe);
5. And of course, when in NYC, you must seek out Laduree because it only exists in two cities on Earth: NYC and Paris. Also because the macaroons surpass the amazingness of their lovely aesthetics;
6. The mini neighborhoods are all so idyllic in their own little way and I'm slightly sad I didn't get to see as much as I would have liked to.
Overall, NYC does not fail to impress, despite the trash on the streets at night. Unfortunately, three days just aren't quite enough so I will be back soon!
Note: It's hard to get good pictures of yourself when you're the primary camera (wo)man.
In Life /